Become a GREENWILL Student Ambassador today!
Want to join a prestigious network of eco-innovators, carry out meaningful projects at your university, and enrich your resume? As a GREENWILL Student Ambassador you will be empowered to manage creative green initiatives with our mentors and colleagues by your side. In doing so you will collaborate with our network of young eco-innovators in over 100 countries worldwide.
Applying to become a GREENWILL Student Ambassador is simple. GREENWILL is offering a hundred ambassadorships for university students around the world during the 2015-16 academic year.
- Spearheading meaningful, innovative (and fun) environmental activities at their own universities and in their own cities;
- Gaining valuable professional experience to boost their resumes;
- Networking with professional and peer mentors throughout the world to solve concrete environmental challenges;
- Having the opportunity to win an internship at GREENWILL’s international headquarters in Europe.
How Does it Work?
GREENWILL Student Ambassadors are assigned a mentor who will help guide their work. They will also receive a Starting toolkit . Ambassadors will join the global forum of young eco-innovators, where they will be able to share ideas and seek advice from GREENWILL's network of students related to solving environmental challenges at the micro (institutional)-level.
Each Student Ambassador will develop and manage a customized work plan of activities. Certain activities are highly recommended by GREENWILL in order to create a more sustainable atmosphere on your campus. These include:
conducting an audit of your university, or university department, to determine ways in which it can become more environmentally friendly (i.e. energy reduction, water reduction, bike paths, etc.);
organizing a Green Social event at your university or in your city to further consolidate a local network of environmental enthusiasts;
encouraging your university, organizations, businesses and individuals in your city to take a green pledge, e.g. signing a Green Policy;
- undertaking creative outreach (multimedia, petitions, podcasts, social media, school events, etc.) to inspire more people and organizations to be more environmentally sensitive.
Other ideas are entirely welcomed and will be agreed upon with the GREENWILL Student Ambassador manager when elaborating the Work Plan. This is a flexible, fun, and professionally exciting opportunity. If you have a passion for the environment, if you possess leadership skills and if you want to make a difference and get recognized for it, the GREENWILL Student Ambassadorship is for you. All you need to do is apply.